Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Six Items of Clothing Challenge

So today I was looking at the very resourceful site called Smart Cookies which gives interesting articles and advice about finances from reducing debt, spending habits, and saving money for vacations, large investments items and retirement. Considering that Christmas season is over and a new year has began I feel its always a good idea to make financial plans and goals and I'm probably not the only one. I've learn that the best way to handle and organize your finances is planning ahead and having goals. For me this year it is to save money to reduce my education debt and save for future years of schooling while at the same time still buying occasionally something that I want. Sometimes I feel that when your working to reduce the debt or save for future it doesn't feel like you getting anywhere hence I will reward my self my having the side goal of saving for a piece of clothing , a cool gadget ,etc to act as a physical reminder that i have reach a goal and acts as an reflection of how well I'm balancing my saving for both debt and savings.

So as I read the article "The Six Items of Clothing Challenge" I thought about the things I need for my closet and how many items I want and when to consider purchasing them. Hence I created my own lists consisting of 10 items that I want for the whole years and while buy gradually at some point in the year.

The 10 Items of Clothing For 2011

1. Dark-Blue Flare Jeans

2. Black or Blue Jeans (Flare or Skinny)


3. Ankle Lace-Up Booties
 


4. Leather Roots Bag or Fossil Bag


 
 
 
5. Dinosaur T-shirt

6. Owl and Fox Rings
 
 

7. Leather Coat with winter lining that can be removed


8. Black Dress Pants

9.Sweater
(in black) 
 

10.Aviator Sunglasses

When I made my list I consider the long term value of these items and consider how much I would wear them and insured that they weren't trendy items that would get old fast and things that i would truly enjoy!The list have many different styles of colours because I still not 100% sure which style I like best.

link: http://www.smartcookies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment