Monday, August 2, 2010

In the World of Animation: The Great Mouse Detective



I obviously love animation and animation has come a long way since 1995 Toy Story computer generated animations. Yet even with all  the changes to animation I still miss 2D animation from Disney and my favorite is a classic that is not often mention and seemingly forgotten.The Great Mouse Detective was directed by Ron Clements and Burny Mattinson in 1986 which stared Vincent Price as the evil villain Professor Ratigan. I just recently discovered the Vincent Price play that character which I find amazing since that character Professor Ratigan is what inspired my family to name one of my dogs Ratigan and for short Ratty. Which is kinda perfect because firstly both Vincent Price and his character Prof. Ratigan are geniuses and sneaky and mysterious which are dog Ratty is very much that way. Anyway other then just loving the movie because Vincent price stars in it here also other reason I love this story. Some other reasons are (1) great story (2) great characters --love prof.ratigan, the little girl mouse with Scottish accent, Basil (the great mouse detective), and Toby the dog ! (3) lovely soundtrack !!














Feel free to leave a comment and tell me if you too love this film, or 2D animation or an other thoughts you have about this post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment